Thursday, January 01, 2009

Padre Hotel Partnership Launches $18M Renovation


Globe St.com:

BAKERSFIELD, CA-A group called Padre Hotel Partners LP has launched an $18 million renovation of the Padre Hotel. The renovation of the 10-story, 80-year-old hotel at 1813 H St. will rehab the interior in a plan designed to restore the property to its previous popularity.

Graham Downes, principal of San Diego-based Graham Downes Architecture, has partnered with Brett Miller, CEO of Eat Drink and Sleep, also based in San Diego, to form Padre Hotel Partners. Located in the historic area of Bakersfield, the hotel has been redesigned by Graham Downes to “bring life back to this once-popular attraction,” according to the architects. Built in 1928, the Padre was long known as one of the most popular gathering places in Downtown Bakersfield. Elements of the hotel’s 1928 origins will be incorporated into the redevelopment to blend past and present and reestablish the Padre Hotel as a landmark, the developers say.

The completed project will feature 112 guest rooms and suites, a restaurant, a bar, nightclub lounge and a 24-hour café. The renovation will include meeting rooms and event space, fitness and business centers, and other amenities to position the hotel as a business and leisure destination.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they can keep the costs contained and figure out the parking situation this should be viable.
God, I hope they put a bar back in that building. I miss that lounge.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to this. I wish them luck.

Perfect Storm said...

I got my haircut there, back in the early 80's. Im not sure if that is nostaglic though. Oh well.

xs10shell said...

I googled these guys and I sure hope they do for the Padre what they've done in other places. Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

I lived in the Padre with my Dad and twin brother in 1977 during the Summer as a guest of my Dad's buddy from Chicago, The excentric gentleman and original owner of The Padre, Mr. Milt Miller. What a great man, Rest in Peace Milt! And may this project make him proud!